Saturday, October 11, 2008

Struggles in the bedroom...it's not what you think!

What a tender moment. The other day I was quickly checking my e-mail, and I kept hollering out to Jaycee and asking what she was doing. I just knew that she had gotten into something because she stays completely silent when she's doing dirty deeds. Come to find out, she had grabbed a pillow and fallen asleep on the couch. It was bittersweet. First of all, it was 5:30 PM. That's not the best naptime. Second, I was trying to get her not to take a nap. Anyway, that just set the tone for her getting to bed somewhere around 11:00 that night...again!

This is just a cute picture that I never posted from the White Coat Ceremony. What a good daddy he is! And what a bad thumb-sucker she is!


As I alluded to above, Jaycee isn't getting to bed very early lately, so I've been trying to see if I could just eliminate her naps. Then (logically speaking) she would just want to go to bed earlier, and I could relax for a brief spell, but not so. She now finds sneaky ways to fall asleep for her naps. The couch was one example. Riding in cars is another example. I only will let her sleep for 30 minutes or less, but that is a power nap for her. She's as happy as can be until 10:30. I do put her in bed around 9:00 or 9:30. Then I will hear her door creak open, and she comes beaming into our room, just as cute as can be. Last night I was a little bugged after her third time of opening the door, and firmly asked her if she wanted a spankin'. "Yeah! I want a spankin'. Please, mommy. I want a spankin'. Obviously, she doesn't get spanked very often.

7 comments:

beck said...

She is such a cutie, what did you do after she excitedly agreed to a spanking?? I would have laughed so much! So funny! I love reading your blog!!

Megh said...

Still laughing at the spanking story! Good luck with the bedtime routine!

Brynne said...

Hey I hope you don't mind me reading your blog! I am so happy when i find new ones! that spanking story is so funny and so cute! don't you love when your kids come back with a quick one?

The Perkins Family said...

So funny not uh? I'm not looking forward to that. I still have Halle in her crib for those matters right there. Hopefully it will get better.

Kami said...

Nap time is my favorite time. I hope Paden takes naps forever!!! Of course I'm at work at night until 11:30, so if he's up late I don't have to deal with it! I'm keeping Paden in his crib like Alisha, so far he hasn't figured out how to climb out. I think maybe we spank Paden too much, he definitely never asks for one. That's so funny!!

Janelle said...

My Olivia would stay up forever if we let her but I am definetely not ready for no naps(Ryan is differant he usually yawns, strechs and says "I'm tired can I go to bed" about 8:30 if he isn't in bed already) With Olivia I just got a door knob cover on the inside of her door and so she can't come out sometimes she cries or pounds at the door but usually she just plays for awhile and then goes to sleep by herself either way I get some time for myself at nap times and bed time!

modell said...

That story is seriously hilarious! Asking for a spanking? She is such a sweetie. Good luck with the nap/bedtime schedule. It is always such a challenge isn't it...always changing!