Monday, January 11, 2010

There's no place like home for the Holidays!

Living in Wisconsin is great. We love the trees, the houses, and we have tons of friends, but when comparing it to being in Bear Lake, Idaho it just isn't the same. We love the opportunities we get to go home and see family. Thanks to both sets of parents for helping out with the tickets to get us home. Jaycee and Rydge were wonderful on the plane, but Rydge was understandably less excited to drive the three hours from Salt Lake to Bear Lake. No exaggerations when I say that he screamed from Evanston to Garden City (two hours). We pulled over three or four times to feed him and change his diaper, but he was just sick of traveling and I can't say that I blame him. I felt the same way, but it would have been weird if I had acted like that.

My mom bought this cute dancing outfit at a craft fair. Jaycee loved it!

I look at all the pictures my parents took of my Christmases and cringe. I always pulled cheesy grins, had tired eyes and extremely messy hair. Now I can continue that tradition for Jaycee. I thought about combing her hair, but who expects to look good on Christmas morning?

Rydge is such a snuggler. I love it.



Yes...Jaycee received dinosaurs from Santa Clause. He is so cool for giving those to her because she loves them.


Grandma J. and Uncle Chase.

What's a vacation without getting in the hot tub a couple times? Rydge had so much fun being in the hot tub. Every time we took him out he would scream.

I realized after we got back to Wisconsin that I was having so much fun that I didn't take very many pictures. I'm so glad we were able to spend so much time with our families, and look forward to our next visit.

3 comments:

Lori said...

Glad your holidays were great. Nothing like good old Bear Lake for Christmas. Cute pics. It was fun to see you.

The Perkins Family said...

Glad you were able to come home. it was great seeing you at church. Your kids are adorable.

beck said...

Cute pics! It is so fun to go home to visit, huh? Glad you all had a good vacation! Your kiddos are so darn cute!!!