Friday, May 8, 2009

5 years, baby!




As the title says, it was five years ago today that we were sealed for time and all eternity in the beautiful Logan Temple. It has gone by so fast, and it seems like time keeps picking up the pace constantly. I find myself wondering on a daily basis how I was able to convince Lance to fall in love with me, but thankfully, it didn't take a ton of persuasion. It all worked out great--now we're stuck with each other, and I couldn't be happier. The sealer who performed our marriage gave us some great advice (most of which has long been forgotten because we were so nervous), but we both remember one thing he said to us. He said that he and his wife had decided never to yell at each other unless the house was on fire. He gave us the challenge to do the same. I can honestly say that we really have never raised our voices at each other (in harsh tones), and we have been blessed because of that. I say "harsh tones" because sometimes Lance has senile moments and can't hear unless I raise my voice. If only I could work on that policy with Jaycee now...but she actually has those senile moments as well, so I'll blame it on that.

Anyway, I just want to say, "I love you, Lance! You are amazing!"
P.S.--Sorry for the quality of the first two pictures. They are pictures of pictures, because I don't have any wedding pictures in my computer.

6 comments:

Jen J. said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

modell said...

Congrats on 5 years! Dan and I are coming up on ours in a few days too. I agree that time is just flying by! How fun to see some of your wedding pictures!

Jill said...

welcome to the 5 year club!!! we joined it back in december. it really puts us in the older married couple category. not that we are old but being married 5 years is pretty long! you both look so young and innocent in your pictures. oh, remember the days..... happy 5 years!!!!

The Perkins Family said...

Congrats on the not raising your voices and your anniv. Love all the pictures. Jaycee's birthday party looked like a blast. What a creative and fun mom.

Kami said...

Congrats! I love the pictures, you guys just look so happy!

Jessica said...

Wow... I can't believe it's been that long. I remember your wedding, and it was fabulous! We were all so happy for you and Lance. And to think that you've now made it to your 5 year anniversary... A BIG CONGRATS to you both!